Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thanks, not for me, I've got agoraphobia


It's been almost a year and a half now, but I can still remember that buying a twin screen PC brought the biggest productivity jump since I acquired a computer with a hard disk in it.

So it's fun to see that you can now buy ready-made solutions from guys who take the multi-screen idea to the extreme. ZenView offers anything from twin screens, portrait or landscape, up to this 6-fold 24" monster with a combined 5760x2400 resolution. That's almost 14 megapixels.

Even among supergeeks this is not for the faint hearted. It takes a desk that can accomodate the small car you just sold to afford the $12k price tag. Which won't be enough, as you need a serious PC with 3 PCI Express slots holding high-end graphics cards as well.

On second thought, maybe my next upgrade will just be a triple screen solution...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can personally vouch for the CineMassive arrays - I bought their 19" Digital Quad Meridian about 2 months ago. Still blows my mind (and colleagues egos). I like it I love it I want more of it. It seemed a little over the top at first, but screen space is like hard drive space - the more you have, the more you'll use